Museum Vrolik is part of the Academic Medical Center (hereinafter Amsterdam UMC). Museum Vrolik is located at Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). The AMC, to which Museum Vrolik belongs, is a legal entity under public law, trading under the name Amsterdam UMC and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 34362777. Museum Vrolik is engaged in the following services:
- Providing education on medical history and anatomy to medical students and other interested parties.
- Offering public exhibitions relating to its collection and field of expertise.
- Organizing events (lectures, workshops, tours, etc. on (medical) history, anatomy and other related topics).
- Offering a newsletter with information about the museum and its activities.
In this privacy statement, Museum Vrolik informs you about how it collects, uses, shares and protects personal data, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
If you use Museum Vrolik’s services or visit this Museum Vrolik website, you may provide Museum Vrolik with your Personal Data in order for Museum Vrolik to provide the aforementioned services to you. Personal data are data traceable to you as an individual.
Examples of personal data are: your name, e-mail address, telephone number and the date on which you will use the services of Museum Vrolik.
Museum Vrolik handles these personal data with care. This means that if you provide your personal data to Museum Vrolik when using the services mentioned above, Museum Vrolik will handle your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy and health regulations. Museum Vrolik will endeavour to protect your privacy. As part of the AMC, Museum Vrolik has appointed a Data Protection Officer whose contact details are given at the bottom of this online privacy statement.
Personal data, purposes and retention periods
Museum Vrolik only collects personal data via this website if that is necessary to allow you to use this website and the services offered via this website. Your personal data will not be used for any purpose other than the purpose for which you provided it to us, unless we obtain your specific consent to use it for a different purpose, or if we need the personal data to protect the legitimate interests of Museum Vrolik. Museum Vrolik collects the following personal data through this website for the purposes indicated below:
|Name, email address, (if applicable) the other information you have entered in a form on our website (for example, when requesting a tour: what kind of group you are coming with, what kind of tour you want, how big the group is, address details, visit date, visit time).
||To communicate with you – if you have indicated that you wish to do so – about the information or service request you have made to us, such as booking a tour, answering your question, or signing up for our newsletter.
Your IP address. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you access the internet.
|To enable communication between your computer or telephone and the Museum Vrolik website. IT security, diagnostic purposes, to identify trends in the use of the Museum Vrolik website and to conduct performance analysis.
|All personal data mentioned above in aggregate form (not directly traceable to individuals).
||For quality measurement and improvement of the website and the services offered through the website.
|All personal data mentioned above.
||For compliance with legal obligations. For legitimate interests of Museum Vrolik as part of the Amsterdam UMC: handling, complaints and (legal) claims).
Legitimate basis – in principle, Museum Vrolik only collects and processes your personal data through this website:
- if you voluntarily consent to it, by visiting the website and/or using Museum Vrolik’s services through the website;
- if we are obliged to do so by law; or
- to protect the legitimate interests of the AMC, including Museum Vrolik.
If you do not want Museum Vrolik to process your personal data for a longer period, you can withdraw your permission. We will then stop processing your personal data unless prohibited to do so by law or by a legitimate interest of Museum Vrolik as part of the AMC or a third party. If we stop processing your personal data at your request, this may result in you no longer being able to use this website and its services.
Retention periods: Museum Vrolik will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose for which you provided the data, namely 5 years counted from the date you submitted an application to Museum Vrolik – unless longer retention is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or to serve a legitimate interest of the AMC.
Special personal data: in principle we do not collect any special personal data via the website. Special personal data includes, among other things, personal data regarding race, political affiliation, religion, philosophy of life, sexual life or health, biometric data and genetic data.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data that we collect through this website:
- Inspection: you can ask Museum Vrolik to inspect the personal data we process about you and to obtain a copy;
- Correction: if personal data that Museum Vrolik processes about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it;
- Erasure: if you no longer agree with the processing of your personal data by Museum Vrolik or if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data by us is no longer necessary for the purpose for which you provided it to us, or is being processed unlawfully, you can ask Museum Vrolik to erase the personal data in question;
- Restriction: if you dispute the accuracy of the processing of your personal data or have objected to it, you may request Museum Vrolik not to do anything with the data during the period of dispute or objection other than to store it only;
- Objection: if you have any doubt as to whether your data is being processed lawfully by Museum Vrolik, you may object to the processing of your personal data;
- Data portability: if you have provided personal data to Museum Vrolik and we process these personal data digitally, you can request that we make these personal data available to you in digital form.
- To exercise the aforementioned rights you can submit a written request to the Amsterdam UMC via email@example.com. We will process your request within the statutory time limit and comply with your request if and to the extent that you are entitled to do so in the case in question.
Sharing and passing on of your personal data
Museum Vrolik will ensure that the disclosure of your personal data to third parties or the granting of access to your personal data to third parties does not occur without your prior consent unless:
- this is necessary for the provision of a service that you purchase from us;
- this is necessary in order to promote a legitimate interest of the AMC, including Museum Vrolik, in which case you will be informed in advance;
- we are obliged to do so by law;
- it concerns a supplier of Museum Vrolik and only if and insofar as this is necessary in the context of the support services provided to us by the supplier in question.
In the latter case, Museum Vrolik will ensure that it concludes a processing agreement with the supplier in question to guarantee that, with respect to your personal data, the supplier applies the same level of security and confidentiality as that applied by Museum Vrolik. If, in the context of your use of this website or the provision of services to you via this website, personal data is transferred to parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) – which do not offer adequate protection for the processing of your personal data – we will take the necessary measures to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the requirements of European privacy legislation.
Confidentiality and security
Museum Vrolik has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss, unauthorized access, or any form of unlawful processing. However, despite our extensive efforts, we cannot guarantee protection against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your personal data will be strictly limited to those who are involved in providing services to you on behalf of Museum Vrolik and who are otherwise authorized to do so within the frameworks of privacy and health regulations. The individuals who have access to the personal data are obliged to treat your personal data confidentially.
Links to other websites
Museum Vrolik may amend this privacy statement if we deems it necessary. On our website, the latest version of our online privacy statement is always published, indicating the date of the last change at the top of the page. We recommend that you consult our website regularly, so that you are aware of any changes.
Questions, complaints, comments and objections
If you have any questions, complaints or comments about this privacy statement or object to the processing of your personal data, you can notify us at the Data Protection Officer, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to provide you with the best possible service. Furthermore, we hereby inform you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Authority if you believe that the AMC, including Museum Vrolik, is not processing your personal data in accordance with the applicable privacy regulations.